What are we looking for in a tenant?
9KBW wants to attract those candidates who will adhere to the principles we have established over the years; The provision of the highest quality of service in all that we do, fearless representation for our clients, a willingness to play a full part in the progress of chambers and the desire to succeed as an individual as well as a member.
We will consider applications from those with established practices, as well as those of junior call or have recently completed pupillage and who demonstrate exceptional ability, commitment and enthusiasm.
We are a common law set and although we practise predominantly in crime, many of our members have mixed practices with family, immigration and civil law an ever increasing part of our work. We also welcome applications from those qualified, or who are intending to undertake the training, to accept direct public access instructions.
What can 9 KBW offer you?
- The experience and stability that comes with being one of the longest established sets in the Temple
- Membership of a set who have already undergone the rigorous process of obtaining the Barmark accreditation from the Bar Council and who believe and adhere to the principles set out in our Practice Manual and the Code of Conduct.
- A diverse and multi cultural set with friendly and approachable members who provide support for each other.
- The opportunity to expand your current practice or to develop a junior one. We believe firmly in the fair and equal distribution of work at all levels.
- A highly motivated and experienced clerking team, headed by a Senior Clerk with 30 years experience in the profession.
- Dedicated and experienced administration staff
- Timely fee billing and collection
- Communal accommodation for members with the addition of a dedicated conference room, keeping costs to a minimum.
- Secure and up to date IT systems and methods of communication, fully ready to deal with the introduction of paperless prosecutions and already accepting electronic instructions from many of our Solicitors in all areas of practice.
- Dedicated marketing of individual members and Chambers
Applications should take the form of a covering letter, CV and references (or details of potential referees) and should be addressed to the Secretary to the Pupillage & Tenancy Committee Ms Feryal Ertan, preferably by e mail to clerks@9kbw.
If your application is successful you will be invited to an interview by the tenancy committee who make a decision based upon your written and oral application. You will normally be notified of the result within 7 days.
Anyone wishing to know more about tenancy, prior to making an application, should contact, in confidence the Senior Clerk, Gary Wright.