CPD Seminar - On The Threshold
9 KBW is delighted to host this seminar which we hope will be of interest to those dealing with care cases, in all capacities.
The seminar will begin with registration at 5.45pm and will commence at 6pm.
Our speakers are three very experienced family practitioners, Sandra Eze, Regine Dassa and Nylah Abbasi.
This is a course to educate and advise on the threshold criteria for the removal of a child in care proceedings
It is designed to be a refresher course, as well as an update, for solicitors instructed in care cases or those representing the local authorities.
- what constitutes significant harm?
- what does likely to suffer mean?
- what is the test for removal of the child?
- what is the test for continuing removal?
- is there a need to hear oral evidence?
- potential perpetrator test
- late party applications
- interim care plan – forcing the local authority hand?
- necessity for a fact finding hearing.
- judicial inferences – dna testing
- dismissal of care proceedings
- costs cases.
To book a place please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7353 9564 and speak to any of the clerking team.
We very much look forward to seeing you.