9 KBW REQUIRE EXPERINCED COMMON LAW CLERK
9 KBW is a progressive and expanding common law set of barristers, based in the Inner Temple London.
We currently have 25 members who practice in Crime, (Prosecution and Defence) Family (Public and Private Law, Ancilliary Relief, Publicly Funded and Privately Paid) Immigration and Direct Public Access work.
Although primarily a criminal set, Chambers are actively expanding the Family, Immigration and Direct Public Access areas of Chambers work. To that end we are seeking a highly motivated, committed individual, preferably with a minimum of four years clerking experience in either crime or family or both, to assist with the criminal clerking but whose primary role will be that of Chambers Family, Immigration and Direct Access Clerk.
Ideally, applicants should also have experience in either criminal or family clerking, but if not training will be provided to the successful candidate in all areas of chambers specialisations.
9 KBW is a friendly but determined and hard working set who know the challenges ahead and are ready to mould and adapt our working practices to meet them. We are busy, diverse and generally fearless in our approach to moving Chambers forward. We require an applicant with innovative ideas, a willingness to learn and to expand their areas of expertise. Someone who will meet challenge with enthusiasm, a varied workload with interest and the future with excitement.
Our current clerking and administration team are all highly experienced and can generally provide for any additional training in house but we also encourage our clerks to attend external training courses and seminars where it will broaden their knowledge or increase IT skills.
Day to day duties include;
• Management of the Family, Immigration and Direct Access diaries for members.
• Assisting the Criminal Practice Manager, during busy periods, with the daily diary for all members crime and non crime.
• Working with the Senior Clerk and Chambers Marketing Administrator in the marketing of Chambers through advertising, seminars and Chambers social functions throughout the year.
• Dealing with Direct Public Access clients, carrying out identity and money laundering checks and keeping meticulous records and copies of all necessary documentation.
• Providing copies of client care letters and complaints procedures to clients, wherever required
• Negotiation and billing of fees in all FAS/FGF/Event/Private Family, Immigration and Direct Access matters as well as assisting in billing lower court criminal matters.
• Follow up action in Family and Immigration billed fees where required and liaison with Chambers LAA Contract Manager.
• Assisting with general administration.
Knowledge of Meridian Law System an advantage but not essential.
Competitive salary and commission package circa 25K – 28K with annual pay reviews.
Applications in confidence by way of covering letter and CV to Christine@9kbw.com
Closing date 5pm 14th March 2014
Chambers is an equal opportunities employer